Way of Life Defines Erectile Dysfunction
A healthy way of life may be beneficial for solving the erectile dysfunction issue, and just involves making positive changes and kicking out bad habits. Give up smoking, go in for regular sports, and eliminate stress. When combined, these steps will do a lot of good, and will also help those who need more radical measures involving intensive therapy.
Say “no” to smoking
It is not easy to get rid of this bad habit. There is no universal method which can help everyone give up smoking. Yet, there are several tips which may help you succeed once you have made up your mind, and are determined to quit.
- Just decide to do it once and forever, and mark the day on your calendar that you plan to do this. This should be within 3 weeks after your resolution, not longer. To prepare for this prominent event, control and reduce the number of cigarettes you have per day; try to avoid visiting places for smokers; and do without smoking when you are nervous. Be mindful that this is not really a way out, and can’t solve your problems.
- Get rid of all the cigarettes you have left, keep yourself busy with something useful, and stay away from places where smoking is permitted.
- Consult your doctor in case you need nicotine replacement therapy. Nicotine gum or patches may help you to some extent, but won’t diminish your desire to smoke completely.
- Don’t smoke at all, even it may seem better just to smoke from time to time. Even the odd cigarette damages the body.
- Try to be strong enough to ignore your urge to smoke, and increase the interval between each cigarette from one hour to one day and more. The physical addiction passes after some time, and it will eventually vanish regardless of whether you smoke a cigarette or not.
- When you need assistance don’t hesitate to ask for it. Select an integral program to give up smoking which includes several methods (for example hypnosis, cognitive behavioural therapy, and de-stressing). Your doctor can give you some excellent recommendations.
Visit the gym regularly
Physical exercise can greatly improve your well-being. It is not only beneficial for erectile dysfunction, but make you feel better in general. It can help you:
- Strengthen your heart
- Saturate more oxygen into the blood
- Help you resist harmful factors
- Decrease hypertension
- Increase your strength
- Reduce your body fat
- Eliminate stress, agitation, depression
- Enhance your self-esteem
- Improve your sleep
- Make you fit and healthy
It will work best if you do physical exercise around 20-30 minutes per day. As recent studies testify, a person should go in for sport at least 5 times per week. Start with just a couple of minutes per day, and gradually work up to 30 minutes per session.
Select exercises which will be easy for you. Then you can vary the number of reps and their intensity. There are some words of advice for beginners.
- Choose a set of exercises which you like. They should not be tedious and exhausting, and should be fun
- Be sure to have some fitness on your to-do list every day. Vary your training, it should not be boring. Check for some fitness clubs nearby.
- Sports should not be expensive. Don’t subscribe to a fitness club unless you are sure you will visit it regularly. The equipment you utilize should not cost much either.
- Continue without breaks. Once you do physical activities regularly, they will become an integral part of your everyday life.
- If you need a doctor’s advice, or you are not sure what set of exercises to begin with, visit your physiotherapist to prescribe you remedial gymnastics with a proper loading which will be safe and beneficial for you.
Avoid or reduce stress
People can face stress at any age. Our body has the ability to react to it, to stay alert, and escape danger. Annoying situations do happen in life, and we often can’t handle them. If stress lasts for a long time, it affects our health in a negative way, and can be the cause of disease. To deal with it properly, we should be able to define the factors which are provoking stress, and be able to eliminate their destructive effect on our body and mind.
It will do us a lot of good if we master effective relaxation techniques and put them into practice. Stay alone with your thoughts every now and then. Learn to modify your way of thinking according to the situation. Estimate your expectations to realize which ones will never be brought to life. Just forget about the ones that can’t, and choose other goals. Speak about your problems to people you can trust, and this will help you to perceive the issues which bother you in the correct way, and thus solve them. Don’t be shy to ask for professional help, when required.
Here are some tips to battle the state of stress:
- Stay positive and cheerful. Believe in your abilities
- Realize that you can’t influence some things, and take it easy.
- Be positive and active instead of being aggressive, irritated and passive
- Be able to relax
- Remember: your body’s resistance to stress depends on your physical shape. The stronger you are, the easier it will be for you to overcome stress
- Eat healthy